Here’s a great project that will provide you with something everyone dreams of that is also ascetically pleasing, an awesome garden-style hot tub! Prepare to take a hot soak and relax. Here’s what you’ll need:
- You can find various sizes of tubs by following this link.
- 20 ft of 1/2″ copper tubing can be found here.
- Wood or another form of covering to help the tub heat up!
- 2x 1 3/8″ tank fittings and 2x compression fittings to receive copper tubing. These can be found at your local hardware store.
- Silicone for sealing.
- 2x metal bars and nuts/bolts to join the bars around the tubing.
If you don’t have a patio foundation and you’re placing this in the garden or yard it’s highly recommended that you utilize a quick-create foundation and sand as shown in the video above.
- Drill bits (bit should be wide enough to fit bolts that join metal bars.)
- 1 3/8″ hole saw (find it here)
- You will need a bucket or something similar to bend the tubing around. You can find a bucket here.
You can add an optional drain plug on the side of your tub near the bottom so that you can easily drain the water out as needed. If you use a spigot fitting such as this one, you could even hook it up to your garden hose to create a gravity fed watering system. Let the water cool down first of course, but this is a great way to reuse and conserve water in your garden.