Islandgirl’s kitchen presents Jamaican Christmas cake!
1 Bottle: Sanderman Port Wine
1 Cup: Jamaican Overproof Rum
1 Bottle: Guinness Beer
2 Cups: Raisins
1 cup dried cherry
1 cup currant
1 Tablespoon: Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon: Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon: All Spice
1 Tablespoon: Vanilla
1 Teaspoon: Pumpkin Spice
1 Teaspoon: Almond Extract
2 Lemon zests- plus juice of lemon
1 Orange zest- plus juice of the orange
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1 & 1/4lb- butter
2 & 1/2 Bottles: Cake Browning
Soak fruits in wine for a few days or more. It cannot be over-soaked, some people soak their fruits for 6 months to a year.
– Cream 2 lbs sugar, 1 1/4 lbs butter and 1 tablespoon oil
– Beat a dozen eggs (be sure to remove the chalaza aka eye this is the white squiddly protein that’s attached to the yoke to keep it in the center of the egg) this prevent the cake from getting that raw egg smell.
– Zest the two lemons and orange and juice them as well
– Add all the wet ingredients
– Add all dry ingredients after.
When all the ingredients are mixed together be sure to do the spoon test. The wooden spoon should be in the middle of the batter for a few moments before its fall.
Bake for 90 minutes at 350 degrees