Keeping the kitchen clean is probably the worst nightmare of all housewives. They do all things possible to keep the kitchen furniture shiny and clean. However, not all these are effective and no matter how hard they try then kitchen ends up looking dirty.
Hopefully, the following tips would solve all the problems in the kitchen when it comes to keeping the kitchen cabinets clean. The kitchen cabinets are the most visual part of the kitchen. Therefore, in just a few steps we can make the kitchen cabinets look like new.
Regardless of the material the cabinets are made of the following tips are applicable and it is up to us to decide which will work best in our kitchen.
- VINEGAR – this is a perfect solution for the greasy surfaces in the kitchen and the kitchen cabinets are no exception. By mixing vinegar with warm water (50/50) and applying the same on the cabinet doors you would get rid of the greasy stains in a matter of minutes. Leave this solution for a couple of minutes and then wipe it off with a clean and soft cloth.
- DISH SOAP – add some liquid dish soap to warm water. Dip a soft cloth in the mixture and scrub the cabinets. Finish by rinsing away the dish soap with a wet cloth followed by a dry one.
- OIL SOAP – this is the strongest cleaner when it comes to removing grease and food leftovers. Use a soft cloth to rub it until the dirt is gone and then remove any oil residue with another clean cloth.
- ICE – this is the best solution for sticky cabinets. Put some ice cubes in a Ziploc bag and hold it over the spot until it hardens. After that use a plastic knife and spoon and scrape off the food.
- BAKING SODA AND COCONUT OIL – make a thick paste using 1 part of coconut oil with 2 parts of baking soda. Rub this mixture with the sponge onto the cabinets. For areas which are difficult to clean use a toothbrush. When you finish scrubbing, wipe off with wet cloth.
- BLEACH – by mixing ½ cup of bleach into 1 gallon of water you can prepare a mixture for cleaning and disinfect the kitchen cabinets. Leave the mixture for 5 minutes before rinsing the cabinets with warm water. Leave the cabinets to air dry.